Discerning Your Vocation
“I think I may have a vocation to religious life but I don’t know what to do?”
We suggest the following:
- Pray to God for guidance.
- Enquire about the different Religious Orders, their charism, their work and their spirit. You can write, visit their websites or email to get information.
- Reflect on your own gifts and abilities and how they might guide your choice of religious community.
- Talk to someone, a friend who knows you well; a religious sister, priest or brother that you know, or take time to get guidance from a spiritual director.
- Contact the Vocation Directors of the communities that appeal to you. They are trained to help you in your discernment process.
- Remember discerment can take some time, so there is no need to be anxious, you are simply trying to find out where God might be calling you.
St Mary’s Centre
185-201 Merrion Road
Dublin D04 NX60
Telephone: 01 260 3707
Mobile: 086 782 0149
To find a Spiritual Director click here