Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (SS.CC)
Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (SS.CC.) is a worldwide missionary order of women and men founded by Pierre Coudrin and Henriette Aymer de la Chevalerie in France during the French revolution. Their mission is to contemplate, live and proclaim God’s love in the world. It is not restricted to any one apostolate and is characterised by a family spirit and way of being that is flexible and is close to people, especially those most in need of love and support. One of their most famous members was Fr Damien ‘the leper priest’ who was canonised in October 2009. There are over 1500 in the congregation made up priests, brothers and sisters in over 30 countries throughout the world. The Irish Sector of the Sisters consists of 15 members involved in a range of ministries from school chaplaincy, teaching, hospice work to parish and pastoral support. Three of the members are abroad working in other countries where we are present, in the Philippines, in Peru and in Rome serving on the General government.
Sr. Maria Holly
Chigwell Convent, 803 Chigwell Rd., Woodford Bridge,
Essex IG88AU, England
Tel:0044 1208 504 1624